PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2013, 07:36
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
Bagso
I have no issue with EK service (not quite as good as it was) and have been lucky enough to have flown with them in Business class from Manchester since they started with one A330 a day many moons ago. The 380 is in some respect a very good a/c for passenger experience, although the bar can get a little loud if you are in the rear seats up stairs. The newer 777 that I have flown on recently with tablet ICE controls have been in my opinion just as good. The lounge at Man is very good and in general the EK experience is many years ahead of that of BA or some other legacy carriers. I have not used BA at all for a number of years for the reasons which you speak of, and only use Singapore, EK, Lufthansa for L/H and some LOCO for short hops from MAN /LPL. My comment about my personal preference re 777 is not to do with how a second 380 service plays with Manchester airport success or failure, it is about "my" experience on that a/c. I do fly on a regular basis to Mid / Far East and Africa so do get to try a number of a/c and carriers and so do fly 380 quite a bit. My least favourite is EK330 but that's another post !. I hope Manchester airport continues to thrive as a very regular user of the place - (with EK Sunday night), and that EK supports them as I am sure they will, however "my" personal preference for service on board has been new 777, maybe down to crew to passenger ratio I don't know.