PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New EASA licence holder / Cutting up EASA PPL?
Old 16th May 2013, 15:32
Odai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New EASA licence holder / Cutting up EASA PPL?

Hello,

I finally received my EASA PPL(A) today, 98 days after the CAA received my application!

One thing I noticed is that the license is split into a number of pages. There are also a generous number of plastic sleeves in the wallet. Common sense would suggest that the license is meant to be cut up with a page in each sleeve.

However, there was no letter in the package suggesting that this could be done (just a note reminding me of the £191 they relieved me of, as if it didn't sting enough already ), and I'm not in any rush to tear up a document I've gone through so much hassle of obtaining. In addition, CAP804 also states that it is not permitted (page 45).

I remember seeing this debated here at length, and IIRC one explanation suggested for this was that the license reference was not printed on all pages. However, the license number and date of issue appear on all the pages - could it be that this is a new change and the previous advice is outdated?

I'll be sending off an email to the CAA to get written confirmation before I do anything, but considering their typical response times I figured I'd ask here in the mean time to see what people think.

Odai.