PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About Oxford A.T need to make up my mind
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2003, 12:03
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oxford have created the APP scheme in competion to CTC's sponsorship scheme. They will no doubt state that it was developed in concert with potential customer airlines, though said customer airlines seem notably thin on the ground. Having said that, I'm sure it's a good course but I personally believe that CTC's is the better package. The course (not the school) may well make a difference if it removes cost and risk for an employer, and I believe that CTC's course scores more highly in this area than OAT's. (Discuss!) But there have to be jobs out there to go to, and currently there are very few!

I'd echo WWW's advice. Don't get suckered by marketing hype - no school can get you a job that doesn't exist. Widen your horizons beyond jets. Don't let other wannabes' impressive but misguided arguments, entirely based on assumption, deflect you from the normal, rational process you go through when making any big purchase. Make sure you get what you pay for; if OAT (or anyone else) makes claims that they can't substantiate, walk away.

If you can, delay your entry into training until the fallout from Bush vs the Middle East (the sequel) has settled and the future is beginning to look clearer. For sure, there will be an effect on airlines and their recruiting!

Scroggs
Virgin/Wannabes Moderator
[email protected]