PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A350 Rollout
Thread: A350 Rollout
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 17:52
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must admit that I enjoy getting you all riled up in defense of your beloved Airbus. Is it your heritage that causes you to vehemently defend all things EADS? Or is it that you fly Airbus now and will very likely continue to do so for the rest of your CX career? Maybe both.

It was just an observation, but thank you for the reminder about size and distance. The fact is that the -1000's wing has a much longer chord. Obviously Airbus thought it needed more wing than the -900. It is also a fact that many airlines are opting for the -1000 over the -900, including CX.

That said, I hope the -900 does well because it has the potential to open up long thin routes for CX. Flying to smaller, long haul destinations is not something that CX has traditionally done. It would be nice to expand the route map a bit.

In terms of wind tunnels and design, it would not be the first time if things did not pan out as expected. The MD-11 certainly came up short, as did the A346. So let's not pretend that could not happen again, even if it is the 21st century