PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2003, 08:51
Oleo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Agaricus bisporus: I think what was meant was that the negotiations took part without canvassing general pilots concerns and some might say the items of close interest to the committee received undue attention while new captains have to have a 10% pay cut and the general pilot populace is walking around in an exhausted haze.

The above post is exactly right, management couldn't give a fig whether happy pilots are flying the aircraft, as long as they fly and their share options keep piling up.

Personally I have little time for BALPA: how can a "professional negotiator" come up with an agreement including the words: endeavour, try to, in the best of all possible worlds, if the planets are alignment etc.... The thing is so woolly as to be meaningless if put to the test.. Plus the terms of the agreement were changed between the ballot being sent out and closing!

I guess they are too busy spending their 3,500 pounds a week on "entertainment". Anyway, I swallowed my principles and joined them so I would have a say in this. Any non-BALPA members don't get any griping rights. Whatever you think of BALPA they were the only show in town.

With so few airlines to chose from now where else can you go? I will be stuck for a very long time with the consequences of this agreement.

The only glimmer of hope are the changes in the management and board that have occurred in the last few weeks. Would like to be a fly on the wall to be watching the fur fly.

Lets see how it goes this year, and canvas for 95% BALPA membership for the round next year.