PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2003, 07:31
Anotherpost75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajk

As usual, you miss the point entirely, so may I refer you to the words of highcirrus on 17 Feb?

“What will drastically reduce the inevitability of industrial action is as near to a unanimous BALPA membership as possible sending a clear message to management that if reasonable terms are not forthcoming, then such action will definitely become inevitable.”

If you hold a big stick, the likelihood is that you will not have to use it – get the idea?

Unfortunately, half of the pilots at easyJet have abrogated responsibility to themselves and their families by failing to combine in BALPA membership and so provide the required big stick. Is it apathy, selfishness, fear or just plain gutlessness? Who will ever know – they now only have to live with themselves and the pathetic working conditions they have foisted on themselves, as outlined by Getafix, above, due entirely to their own foolish inaction.

Perhaps even more reprehensible is the breathtaking fecklessness of those BALPA members who voted Yes! Your sheer stupidity and selfish motivation beggars believe!

I’m not sure whether you are with easyJet ajk or indeed whether you are even a professional pilot – your glee at the outcome of the ballot would seem to belie any implied or direct claim to be so, as does your ignorant claim that “market forces” are the sole determinants of employee working conditions.

Non-members and Yes voters – please no more of your pathetic and cowardly whines about your employer on pprune.

No voters – I’m truly sorry for you in a valiant effort, brought down by a flock of frightened sheep.