PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Appropriate Response?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2013, 10:12
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pixy

Why are you surprised.

There has never been anyone hired in the Flt Ops mgt team who has a vision to improve and foster good relations with the pilot group. The philosophy within the co is to prevent "empowerment".

No attempt whatsoever to engage in industry leading standards when it comes to cultivating loyalty.

The funny thing is it would cost nothing but be invaluable if they were to throw a couple of tickets to a sports event each week to those who have gone "above and beyond" within the pilot group.

Or how about a casual pizza beer night once a quarter for pilots & mgt to interact on a human level. Nope - ain't going to happen.

How about a water cannon salute and dinner drinks for those who helped build the airline - when they retire. Not going to happen (the above two examples are however done by us for us - via EPC)

These things were done at my previous carriers - and it was incredible how much it was appreciated even in the face of tough times.

Any Co that does not engage in a respectful posture to their employees ultimately pay the price: look at Ryanair. The timing here is not right BUT wait - as always there will be a shift and when that happens the cost will be high.

What you get here is:

Increase in overtime threshold from 78-92via one page email
Eradication of ALT cities in US except destination - one page email.
Liquidation of Training Dept leaders - FCN
Hiring of DECs in complete disregard for seniority (did we even get an email?)
Generic Sick leave warnings to all & sundry (impossible to have a clean sheet with these rosters - that's a quote from clinic Dr,)
Min rest on ULR pattern ignoring ASR feedback.
Letter telling those pushing late to prepare to be mentored by the "top 10%"
Punitive disciplinary culture....
....The list goes on.

So do as I do...do your job professionally then disengage when the parking break is set. Then when you are asked in social & pvt settings in the greater Dubai community - tell the truth.

The other guys who are "married" to EK - trainers, CRM, Assnt CPs, Recruitment, Safety guys etc ... Let them....it invariably ends in divorce (cue Standards, Training & Boeing Assnt chiefs - amongst many others)

For me EK is an FB not a wife...

....unfortunately with the deal above however....you are the "receiver".

f.
Now can someone please start the "****** season" thread ...my missus won't leave if I start it ; >

Last edited by fliion; 7th May 2013 at 11:45.