PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India flight operated by cabin crew whilst pilots sleep in J class.
Old 4th May 2013, 13:40
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan Winterland

''I have accidentally disconnected the autopilot in a 330 with my knee, why did that not make the news?''

It's very easy to accidently disconnect the AP on the FBW Airbus types. The disconnect/takeover button on the sidestick is neccessarily very accessible and consequently in a vulnerable position. It happened to me recently when the clipboard slid off the other pilot's table in turbulence.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a very minor incident and when it happens, you just re-engage the AP - assuming you know how to! And that is why you don't allow unqualifed people to occupy the pilot's seats in flight. In our operation, we have to have a cabin crew on the flight deck if one pilot has to use the toilet and they sit on one of the jump seats.
Agree

I've seen the same (embarrasing as it was)

In this thread subject it became an incident apparently because it could not be immediately corrected.

I'll let the authorities sort out who sat where and when since I don't trust the press