PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air ambulance - nice balancing act !
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:39
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Google Maps 'Slåttavik' and I think it looks like that particular stretch of the 714. (could be wrong)

Mind you, this was just a drop off to get a doctor on scene wasn't it? It's not as if they were loading the patient, stretcher, medics & doc etc!

IMHO, even if there was a drop off point a mile or so down the road, the vital minutes it would have taken for the Doc to get on scene, could have made all the difference. ( 1 mile @ 3mph = 20 mins)
Yes they may have well been able to get a vehicle to pick him up from down the road, but we simply don't know basic facts such as whether comms were available etc etc.

I wasn't there, so without any further real information coming forth, I say....Well done

Oh yes;
Unless the photo is completely deceiving....just down the road in the back ground....the valley opens up and I would bet you a doughnut to a dog dropping (you can hold the stakes in your mouth if you wish) there is a common ordinary flat and open spot adjacent to the road where a normal landing could be made.
Of course, there is, however...take a look at the wires going straight through that 'common ordinary flat and open spot adjacent to the road'