PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:04
PhilW1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How ironic that Monarch is to be featured on BBC watchdog for delays to EU261 claims less than a week after I emailed their chief exec about the exact same issue. Been waiting since October and found them to be utterly hopeless.

Before the odd clown accuses me of ambulance chasing, let me make one thing clear, I initially did not claim under EU261 as I think the legislation is overly harsh on the airlines. I asked them to re-imburse all out of pocket expenses (including refreshments purchased on the outbound which should've been FOC as we were delayed by more than 3 hours) plus the cost to myself of having to book an additional days holiday as the inbound was nearly 7 hours late and I was in no fit state to go to work after zero sleep. The total requested was £360 ish. However after receiving a condescending reply and a derisory offer of "a free upgrade to an extra legroom seat on a future flight" I felt compelled to pursue under EU261. If the airline wasn't so stubborn in the first instance they would've saved themselves in the region of £1,000 (3 persons, 2 sectors delayed by more than 3 hours = €1,500), plus a whole lot of manpower hours.

Last edited by PhilW1981; 2nd May 2013 at 19:40.