PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A person from Delhi(India) has promised to get jobs in cebu through alpha aviation
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:35
Johny Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedy737

There are caravan jobs in India...even for a fresh CPL holder!! Just because you don't see an add in the newspaper doesn't mean it's not there. And so what if they pay peanuts, it's a flying job at the end of the day!! People are happy to fly piston singles on low salaries before even getting a look at a caravan. There are a few small operators around...no harm in dropping your CV in. And for someone willing to spend 65k, well for a few lakhs I'm sure you could pay for type training and get a job with them.
Being in GA for more than 3 years now moving my way from piston to jet getting bonded numerous times due to many different reasons even after funding my own TYPE, i can say you will get mere 10 hours a month in general with a pay package that will not even be enough to service your auto vehicle.
There is NO Caravan job in India right now ,there never have been any Job on that type for last 5 years.Last time it happened , south east shuttles took 2 pilots with one being ex-susi air.
But there is job on B200 /Cessna jets /Hawkers but those are given to defence SSC pilots ,not to freshers or should i say not for common man without any reference.
Hawker and Cessna Jet's rating cost you more than 737/320 with limited job opportunity so what will go for a rating which will land you nothing atmost or rating on which you can atleast sit for airline exams ?Still rating without any LOI or assurance is risky.

Food for you , drop and visit every charter operators.They will only call you if you pay them for rating and hours on type....you see desi P2F.If not you then they move on to next harry who will eagerly pay them double of what they are asking.That's India for you.

pilotbaba

I am not suggesting to go for rating just because you will be a level above rest of crowd.Thing is people will go after what's in demand and right now its either P2F without any future or rating with limited future.
Going for rating is way better than lowering whole aviation's acceptance level low by doing pay job.
Not all exams for freshers are rigged and certainly not Indigo /Jet , Spice is scamjet. Rated pilots jobs in Indigo / Jet depends on what you know rather whom you know while sitting for 15-30 minutes SIM checks.
Rated pilots from 2010 onwards have been called or got jobs more than non rated ones.Yes many of them are either on stipend or on training since joining but they are employed just because they had rating with proper knowledge.Still that's not justified to go for Type rating afterall, all that matter is what you know at the time of exam and believe me donkey's with any exotic rating will not get job.

Many of my batch mates or friends have joined Jet / Indigo as freshers or zero hours type rated and knowing their background i can safely say none had reference other than being excellent skilled pilots.Most of them are First Generation pilots.

My advise & tips offered are for the few, who decide to take road less taken...... for those want to stay current & proficient, increase the total flying hours & experience, & become a better pilot one day ......

Those who will not shy from working hard & are willing to put in the effort & struggle for their dreams to turn them into reality....

Those who are willing to sacrifice the comforts of their home & go to a foreign country & are prepared to live however they have to, eat $1 Ramen noodles 2 times a day & live in their car & shower at the beach & sleep on the FBO couch, if they have to do so.....

Such people are called dreamers, strugglers & achievers..
Will any Euro nation hire non Europeans specially Asians or will USA give work VISA after getting FI rating ? You know answer yourself....
Will any Asian country give chance to fresher from India with ZERO hours on type or bare minimum CPL without doing a P2F slavery ?

Last time when i tried to get job overseas , first destination was bush flying in Africa where max work VISA i could get was 30 days for Botswana and 15 days for Namibia...and guess what it was some good years back when locals vs foreigners was not even remotely observed in Africa.Ask for VISA for those bush flying countries now and you will be placed on temporary rejection list.
Canada is place to gain experience with zero stress but then many different complex considerations come into life, so its more personal choice.

It would have been better from you to provide how to work in overseas in legal way rather than bookish " Do it like this " view.