PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines and morale
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2003, 08:26
peepsmover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complain?! Me?! Of Course I do! Thank Me Later!!

SN,

Your viewpoint is rather shortsighted, and reveals your ignorance of flight operations. Pilots (you label as complainers) have been key players in improving safety. Some rules that we operate under have evolved and been vetted with pilot input, still there is a give and take with any policy, the competing interests of executives weighed against the safety interests of the pilots, this will always remain an issue of contention, so participate constructively or step aside for people who offer some breadth and depth to their posts.

I don't think you would want to be operated on by a doctor who was in the 24th hour of his duty day, so why would your expectations be any different for a pilot? I would hope that all positive standards would become universal, right now my union requires double crew for flights over 11.00 hours, believe me it really helps, because there are some routes that are just shy of triggering the double crew rule, and you can really feel the pain on those legs, usually on descent, weather is down to mins, and you might have to divert, and the radios are busy. I could not imagine having to land and then go on to another destination after such a long flight, like some of my brethern have to, that really needs to be fixed, or else we all will be doing those.

If you want to call me a complainer then go right ahead because I plan on "complaining" about safety issues until I retire, and whenever you get to your destination on a flight, be sure you thank the other "complainers."

"Safety Before Profits"