PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A sudden awakening at 32
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2013, 05:14
CY80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel A sudden awakening at 32

Hello all!
From the age of 14 I set myself a goal to go flight academy as soon as i finish school. It was 1996 when i graduated but our family immigrated from Russia to Cyprus where I live till present day.

Since Russian flight academy was out of the question i began looking for a possible scenarios to get started in Cyprus or UK but it was financially impossible. First of all I couldn't get a loan as a non Cypriot and secondly my family was never secure (immigration issues) how long we would stay in Cyprus.

Thats when i gave up, but till today i fly a 5 monitor (Xplane 10) setup, been flying on VATSIM for years, can read charts, do flight planning, procedures, checklists etc. It pretty much progressed as a hobby.

Long story short, 17 years later... i am still here (CY citizen), 32 years old with a small but established video production & digital cinematography business. When suddenly it clicked... i think i can afford to do it myself, just to prove a point or even have a chance of a career after my 40s.

I passed my medical, will do a trial run with Griffon Aviation in Paphos and see how it goes. Might do a modular starting with PPL.

I was always adventurous (i am also a passionate windsurfer) and I've made a lot of sudden decisions & turns in my life and never regretted once. What do you think of the prospects? I am fluent in 3 languages, having 2 citizenships, Cypriot & Russian.