PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A person from Delhi(India) has promised to get jobs in cebu through alpha aviation
Old 2nd May 2013, 02:10
pilotbaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all the fresh CPL holders & low time pilots....

I have completed my cplM with ir from FAA. I was searching for jobs outside India.........
.... I'm confused a lot abt this program,I want help from the most please

This program costs 65000$ ........
Why do you want to spend $65,000.00 USD for a P2F scheme which is higlly risky & most likely you will lose all your money...... There is, not 99% but a full 100% Guarantee that you will lose all your money...

There is no other option where people are giving jobs for freshers, with no typerating neither with 250-300 hrs of flying what we get it from our flight school,that's why I considered it
Wrong......

Only way to get job is either on 737 or 320
Wrong Again........

There are many ways to break into aviation... Ask some people from the previous generation, they will tell you how...

For all the Fesh CPL holders who are inclined, here's a few tips......

It will be a little easy for those who have trained in outside India, specially in USA & Canada, you can do a Instructor rating or CFI/ CFII for about $7,000 in USA or for slightly more in Canada. Canada is better coz you can get a work permit relatively easy.....

Keep $10,000 in reserves for living expenses, live in a shared accomodation in FL or TX, or BC, it is relatively cheap.

Doing your CFI will improve your knowledge & flying skills 10 times & will make you a much better pilot.

People always ask me, what to do after CFI/CFII if you do not have a work permit to work full time......

Well, you can't work to get paid as a CFI, but who says you can't fly.....

The objective is to build flight time & become a better pilot...

One should still hang out at the local airports & NETWORK with the owners of planes who fly in & out of that airport ....

Network .... Network ........ Network....

You will find people to fly with as safety pilots initially & then do an occasional BFR or fly withthem if they confidence flying those ILS approaches on a Bad day..... There are a lot of owners who fly in their personal single & twin engine planes & always luv to have the comfort of a CFI sitting with them as a safety pilot.

You will build flight time, initailly slowly, but it will keep coming.... It will keep your both knowledge & flying & instrument skills current.....

I personally have flown with dozens of people who own their own planes & let me fly with them & log PIC. Sometimes, I share the cost of fuel with some, somtimes I buy lunch, or sometimes, they buy beer for me at the end of the day... Infact they are so happy to see that I am working hard to build flight time & work towards ATPL, they love to help... They call me weeks in advance when they want to fly..... Networking Networking Networking....

No Caravan / GA jobs in India
Says who????? There are plenty, just not for newbies......

If there was, a corporate or a charter job in India flying a Caravan, P68, Baron, Seneca or a King Air, Who will get hired:

A) Guy with 250 hrs, who has not flown in 2 or 3 yrs except a few hours to renew his licence ......

OR

B) Guy with 1000, 1500 or 2000 hrs total with 100, 200 or 300 + hrs on a twin, experience flying some glass cockpit A/C, Baron 58, Seneca V, maybe even a King Air or some other turbine aircraft with experience in real life flying, flying in busy airspaces & class B & C, crossing the ocean to go to Bahamas, flying across the mountainin, near icing conditions, flying .... shooting ILS approaches to the minimums. The sky is the limit in what you will experience.....

Experience gives you confidence which is reflected in your body language & in the interview....

It is your life, your career...... Go out & do something.......

I have seen people just sitting free for years & years, doing nothing but just waiting for that perfect airline job on an Airbus or Boeing, a Job which never comes.... People are just sitting in Delhi or Mumbai or some town in India; drinking everyday & feeling depressed about everything, cursing the DGCA, cursing the airlines & the scene of aviation with NO Jobs, etc etc.....

Flying in itself is a great stress relief........It is 10 times better than anything.

Remember, this is a tough profession, only the strongest & the fittest (professionally) survive.....

Good Luck & be safe. Stay away from these schemes. If something seems too good to be true, it usually IS.......