PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2013, 19:12
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch

LBIA

An upbeat article but route choice will be critical, as the start from Leeds and some choices from other airports have proved to be troublesome.

Not sure what is going on but GNB lasted weeks but is bookable next winter, Munich I believe has finished but is back next December. However March CAA stats show 1577 pax if libhomeradar is right and 12 flights operated then it averaged 66 pax or 38%. However BHX-MUC didn't even make it until the end of April and is not coming back.

November shows just four destinations at the moment! Faro at 3 a week, ACE at 2 a week, LCA at 2 a week and TFS at 2 a week. I assume more to come as that is awful although MUC and GNB are added in December. Rome is shown in the timetable but is not bookable.

Also they chose Palma for an April start up against multiple Jet2 and FR frerquencies yet they didn't either bother at EMA or BHX, which had less loco competition and they are bigger markets. As for 58 pax I believe on PMI - LBA the other night certainly indicates a slow start but I suppose that this was just one flight and the CAA figures next month will give a better picture.

Has anyone working the flights got a better idea of how things are going?

Pete