PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Audio files needed. "Mayday" examples.
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2013, 10:50
blue up

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Audio files needed. "Mayday" examples.

Thanks for looking. I'm a bit out of my depth with regards to using the internet and Powerpoint so I thought I'd ask the Pprune collective for some help.

I'm writing a module for a CRM refresher course and wanted 2 examples of Mayday audio recordings where ones is a good clear example and the other is an unintelligable mess of vocabulary and shouting.

For the first one I thought that the Sullenberger recording was about the best example of cool, calm and clear comms I could remember but I haven't yet found a downloadable version that I can cut and paste into a powerpoint presentation. Can anyone help here?

As to the second one, I'd be grateful for any links, samples or suggestions of accidents/incidents that are examples of verbal and vocal communications going awry during times of high stress. A few years ago I heard someone with an electric/instrument problem trying to tell the Barcelona controller that he had multiple PFD failures but the language gap just left the controller confused and unable to appreciate the requests from the crew. Something like that might be alright.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Blue Up.