PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex-Military Jet Trainers
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2013, 19:03
India Four Two

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Crikes that's worse than both engines on the citation I fly
Pace,
Yes, but probably more smiles per hour than in your Citation.

The Vampire's owner refers to the DH Goblin being aptly named, "because it gobbles fuel".

The Vampire is pretty much a flying-fuel tank. Nine wing tanks, all feeding into a collector box at the bottom of the fuselage tank. 1500 litres in total! Here's some of my money going into the wing tanks:

I thoroughly approve of your choice of a Mac, but I would recommend a Powerbook laptop. You can always get an external monitor, if a 15" screen is not big enough, but the portability is great. I have a 17" Powerbook which I find ideal. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't make them anymore.

The joystick of choice is the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. You don't need rudder pedals if you use 'auto-rudder'. The stick can be rotated about its vertical axis if more rudder is required.

Just for the record though, X Plane is available for Macs, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android. Here's a screen shot of the iPhone X Plane 10 in action. Round a blind corner in the Tyrol at 871 kts!:

It is a fantastic app, with a very realistic flight model. You rotate the whole iPhone to control pitch and roll. Much more fun than Tetris or Angry Birds, but I do get funny looks when I'm 'flying' in a public place!