PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qlink's future.
Thread: Qlink's future.
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2013, 04:53
Fuel-Off

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Grrr

Clarity required me thinks...

Recently a couple of senior pilots from EK with Boeing widebody time joined Qantaslink. They haven't joined to fly turboprops
An opportunity to get back home to Oz perhaps?

6 months ago 2 pilots left JQ to join Qantaslink in very senior positions
They were seconded into management positions (CP and CAR217 manager) because the previous management, famously 'The Bankstown Aero Club' couldn't handle a growing airline with a GA mindset. Q400 and its 'Jet-Like Speed' with C402 SOPs . Oh and they were constantly re-inventing the wheel again...and again...and again...and again...

Qantas Short Haul EBA is being negotiated
So is the Eastern EBA this year, which means FK all. I would say the 787 will be appended on the SH EBA...don't know if or is legal regarding the clauses in the LH EBA. Anyone care to elaborate? Keg?

And finally,

the 787's are to join Qantaslink
Have you been in the diesel oil again Wedcue?

On a side note though...
if we had a group seniority list then it wouldn't matter what part of the group they went to
I find this a common topic being sprouted by Mainline drivers far more often the those in the regionals. We've all been part of a happy family for all of what...20 years? Since the merger of '93 (TN/QF). Group seniority from the regionals was approached to and subsequently shot down in flames with the ashes shat on and buried by the then upper echelons of the mainline piloting fraternity. So my question is why are the mainline drivers purporting this notion only now? The cynical me looks at the fact the QF drivers' careers/livelihoods is being threatened and SSA/EAA appears to be going nowhere but up. The merger was before my time so the politics of yesteryear shouldn't be factored into today's argument.

Keep the responses civil kids...

Fuel-Off

Last edited by Fuel-Off; 28th Apr 2013 at 05:29.