PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TR and 500hours, still looking for a job???
Old 28th Apr 2013, 04:28
Piloto2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cgwhitemonk11, good job in securing that Twotter gig. Perseverance and patience will in many cases be rewarded eventually. Mind PMing me who with? I can only think of three operators in the UK.

A320,

As the monk pointed it out quite rightly, you are just looking for support on here; your decision to go P2F has long been made. While I can only advise against these programs, have a read of that Lion FO posting in the Bali crash thread. I believe it is page six or so. This is the kind of stuff you will have to put up with.

To give a balanced view though I have to say this: I recently had a chat with someone closely acquainted with an expat guy having gone through the Lion P2F gibberish. After a little over a year s/he has left to fly bigger Boeings in Asia, rating paid for. As much as I hate it myself, some of those folk somehow do succeed and climb the ladder.

If I were you though, I would first explore all other options before embarking on that route. It is a huuuge financial commitment and it had better work out.

I also learned about a friend's shocking story recently which shall serve for a cautionary tale to many. The magnificent spectacle taking place in western Europe. Two years after finishing flight training and with only few to no options available to the friend s/he got hired to fly a not too common type. Rating to be self-funded, around €20,000. Salary was about €24,000 take home. 24-month contract. Labor law in the country dictates for the employee to be given perm deal after that. Now I know that person is rather up to standard, in fact excels most of their peers, and a decent person, so I could not think of where s/he screwed up. So a few weeks before end of contract, s/he gets called in to have a chat with management. Boom, furloughed. Just like that. New guys have already been hired. True story.

Think looong and good before going down the route of self-funding a rating. You end up having very little say in your own fate.