PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Post PPL advice, hour building, CPL, etc
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2013, 13:55
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
talking about skydiving and JPA etc.

I've got 600hrs aeronatical so far, but 400ish helicopter incl 100+ instructing (no, not CASA system, yet, will convert this 'summer') and 130hrs between Cub and 172, then some gliding.

How much are the skydiving clubs picky regarding the 100hrs PIC and mix'n'match with other classes/categories? The regs, OR 6.1.1 does not state airplane only.

Obviously, I'd do some sort of training/checkout and probably some 182/206 time as well. Read somewhere that Cherokee 6 is considered 'comparable' for the JPA. Not that I got any time, just curious about how far the similarity for JPA stretches.

I like GA flying, gliding, rotary and will work on my heli career, but I've been wanting to do some jumper dropping and glider towing besides other things. I'd also do some basic jumper training time/money permitting.

Talking about 182/206/210. Which schools would do reasonable cost SE CPL training/conversion in these? Killing two birds with one stone as I plan to avoid flying complex single in USA whenever I get to do ME CPL/IR. So far got SE PPL/IR.

The 182 or 200 series time would be handy for charters/scenics should I not fiddle with helicopters for whatever reason sometime.. :-)
I just don't see point in trying to fly jetliners.