PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TR and 500hours, still looking for a job???
Old 27th Apr 2013, 12:40
Mr-P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the OP I will offer you my experience of these types of programs together with a little piece of opinion (sorry I know you didn't ask for it but hey).

First of all I do not like PTF, I refuse to be any part of it and think it is totally immoral. I know two people that embarked on the Lionair/Eaglejet TR and Line Training program a few years back. My understanding is that both signed up for 500hrs/12 months. Both flew well in excess of 500hrs, in fact nearly 1000 each. Both were offered longer contracts after 12 months and both declined.

Now to answer your original question. Both are now flying 737's back here in Europe. Both enjoying their work and both earning what they consider good money (maybe not by historical standards). To make matters worse (for non PTF'ers) for one of them if they continue as they are then could be eligible for an upgrade by winter 2014!

I on the other hand who, as mentioned before, refuse to be any part of such antics am still looking for that first break 4 years later! Some on here will congratulate me for taking that stance and view however I am fast reaching an age that I will simply never get into a commercial job whilst others that are ruthless and go down the PTF route succeed(?). Another point which I believe has been mentioned, no company gives two hoots how you got the hours or who with, black listed or not makes absolutely no difference. Both the people I know are with reputable airlines which some will say would never hire PTF'ers, absolute tosh!

That's my 2 pence worth and consider it how you wish. Again tho' just to finish off I will again reiterate that I think these programs are bad and will only contribute to the race to the bottom.

Best of luck whatever you choose.