PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TR and 500hours, still looking for a job???
Old 27th Apr 2013, 08:04
cgwhitemonk11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys...

The thing here to remember is this, this guy has already decided to do the line training in his head and nothing we say or anyone else says is going to change that, they simply come on here to justify their decision.

I've seen 10 threads like this before.

You talk about the demand and the fact that schools keep pumping out these ratings? You are absolutely correct, but does that not set the alarm bells ringing? All these A320 rated guys out there and nobody ever comes on saying yeah 'Go for it pal, best decision I ever made!'

It should worry us that these schools are so good at fooling people and that pilots are so naive.

For every 10 A320 ratings not done directly through an airline, I'm gonna guess 7 are Indians who go back to their home country and tell everyone they are now jet pilots, and of the other 3... 2 regret their decision and the other has gone ahead with line training.... and regrets their decision.

My final point is this, none of those who go ahead with the line training actually realize how much money 50K actually is or how long it will take to earn that back, imagine paying all that to come home to a flexi-crew contract?

Any Easy guys here care to estimate how long it would take a new FO to save up 50K?