PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atpl-agk Woes
Thread: Atpl-agk Woes
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2003, 01:06
ITCZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Donning fire suit]

One thing that really gets me is the number of complaints that trainee pilots make about the CASA exam process.

I am one of these really weird people that did a course, studied my R's off, and passed all the exams on the first go, with scores ranging from 85% to 96%.

I am not trying to tell you how good I am, but I am one of the guys who you never hear about.

It seems really cheap that frequently the candidate who passes or fails by a minute amount gets into a wild frenzy about how unfair it all is.

I think it cheapens the achievements of those people who studied hard and effectively and as a result KNEW THEIR STUFF! and got through with no problems.

Particularly when there were course colleagues that went into AGK exam and were out of there within 60minutes, with over two hours remaining to check and recheck their answers, and then started bitching when they missed out!!!

Passing any check or exam in aviation by the bare minimum should be an indicator to a conscientious pilot that there is still more work to be done, son!

Tell me, if the Aussie one-day team missed out on beating the Poms by one run, what would the rest of the world think if the ACB bitched about the conditions and umpiring on the day and argued for a rematch.