PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TR and 500hours, still looking for a job???
Old 24th Apr 2013, 08:50
OutsideCAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a320, it is to your credit that your asking this question. Being honest, if you ask anyone outside of aviation about your options I think it fair to say that the answers you will get to be of little use as aviation is such a specific area and what may apply in other employment arenas isn't the same sadly as your chosen one.

The reason no answers are coming in from previous customers of the P2F brigade may be because it just doesn't work ultimately - could be any number of reasons but they are all quiet and non-supportive at this moment in time. In fact opinion seems firmly against so far yes?.

It may not be quite what you wanted to hear (all have desires to jump on that first jet and fly and that is quite understandable) but all you will do is accrue greater debt and 500hrs on type that isn't really recognised as much value in the real world today and in the future. If the airlines you mention are really serious about taking you with 300/400hrs on type then great but I doubt they will actually come up with the goods necessarily when it comes to employment time - could always phone them as a fictious person with the experience, see what happens okay, may be not but you get what i'm saying yes?