PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TR and 500hours, still looking for a job???
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 22:59
a320--

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think anyone is going to advise Line Training to me on this are they? lol Even though anytime I ask people/friends outside of aviation what should I do after explaining instructing and line training advantages and disadvantages they all say I should do the Line Training, isn't that very interesting?

A lot of people who are against LT i think are people who don't have the money for Line Training, I could be wrong. But there have been some fair points mentioned above explaining why not to do it. To be honest I would love if all line training programs were stopped, it isn't fair but if i can scrape the money together for a loan i will be ultimately achieving my goal.

I wouldn't mind instructing, I think I would be good at it but its just that fear of being stuck on that road forever, i'll still owe a 100k in 5 years time because i'll be instructing and be 32. Where as if I done the LT, in 5 years time I could/should have 3000+ hours on an A320 and possibly going for Command and more importantly making steady repayments on my loan.

I really appreciate all your comments, it actually took quite a while before anyone replied to my initial thread and thanks! I wont be making a move until September anyway, gotta save some (a lot) of cash!

Still haven't heard from anyone who done the LT and they're still looking for a job either!!