PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TR and 500hours, still looking for a job???
Old 23rd Apr 2013, 22:05
OutsideCAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a320.....yes thankfully the numbers are dwindling in Europe, the problem with paying for those 500hrs (apart from cost to the buyer!) is that the recruitment process becomes diluted by the vendors desire to "sell" it's product, that way it allows a wildly varying spectrum of candidates to fill the RH seat. Not to say all are bad but it is now becoming common place to avoid this source as the end product has not generally been screened effectively and could be a false economy in the longer term. If the UK budget carrier will assess you then I would call them on it and push for the interview and assessment, I'm afraid I fear it won't happen as often what is said in a call to what happens in reality is at opposite ends. But try all the same and networking is always good and usually key in getting in. Leave the P2F bullsh@t in the gutter where it belongs, instruct, network and hone your skill set, maybe work in other related aviation roles, get experience - and avoid shister outfits like the Irish one at all costs.