PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - terms and conditions: easy vs. dba
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2003, 08:20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too work for easyJet and I have grave reservations about the 6 on 3 off scenario. Over the last year I have had the seventh day (or the last of the 3) impinged upon about 50% of the time. A block of work usually starts on an early report - often 6am so as to keep the previous day a legal day off, and the last day is a late finish which may or may not impinge upon the first day off.

As for the volume of work, it varies according to the base that you are at and the staffing levels at any given time. If the base is up to complement, then the roster can be OK, if not, then it is hell. This month my roster is not worth the paper it is written on. The number of sectors can vary according to the work pattern at your base: most bases have a mixture of flying and 4 secort days are the norm, whereas BFS for instance has a large number of short sectors and you may fly up to 100 sectors a month.

Please do not believe the management speak when they say that people matter: their words are cheap, whereas all the evidence shows that they do not give a sh1t about the staff.