PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 21st Apr 2013, 10:37
jimf671

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
SAR Mech.

These are on the Bristow website in amongst the standard Bristow Group jobs (as opposed to the Bristow SAR Managed Transition which is for Brit Mil).

WINCH OPERATOR- EBU00408
Requirements
· one (1) year’s previous experience on a dedicated SAR unit as a Winch Operator on helicopters
· two hundred and fifty (250) hours operating experience in helicopters gained in an operational environment similar to the intended operation
· no criminal record, safe flying record and the right to reside and work in the UK
(Training may be given to the right candidates)

WINCHMAN- EBU00409
Requirements
· 3 months’ previous experience on a dedicated SAR unit as a Winchman on helicopters
· 50 hours as Winchman on helicopters
· 20 hours operating experience in helicopters gained in an operational environment similar to the intended operation
· HCPC registered Paramedic
· no criminal record, safe flying record and the right to reside and work in the UK
(Training may be given to the right candidates)

Clearly, there are a couple of crux points there for non-UK applicants, those being HCPC and Right To Reside.

However, the statement about training the RIGHT CANDIDATE indicates some flexibility. Considering that you describe having 24 carat qualifications, I'd say get your resumé in there ASAP. Although I want to see all the experienced UK SAR crews getting a piece of the action, I'm also a great fan of diversity.

HCPC - Homepage (Health and Care Professions Council)