PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - type-rated (757) terrorists ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2001, 21:59
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do have to admit that a good level of Stick and Rudder skill would of been required on jets if not on type.

However new desktop sims have copycat FMC, EFIS, EICAS and MCP etc etc. You would be surprised just how much someone with basic flying experience would learn from such a package. These computer facilities would without doubt prove to be a significant learning aid in getting to grips with the basics (and potentially more!) on the FMC, Autopilot, and general Systems.

On the other hand if you take into account the significant planning that would of been spent during the lead up to the horrific event. I would think that any serious terrorism organisation would try and ensure that the odds were not stacked against them in pulling off such a stunt by getting people trained up or getting people who were qualified.

I also feel that even though they apparently only had knives, if they were pilots or had done their homework then they would of known where to locate the Fire Axe and Crowbar etc etc. Those emergency items would be lethal in the wrong hands!

MG

[ 12 September 2001: Message edited by: Mister Geezer ]