PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2013, 13:46
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know for a fact that text messages were sent to intending pax just
before 2am Thursday morning telling them to go to the airport and rebook
So what is your issue? BA had an aircraft 'out of position', so, rebooked passengers on other flights when they could. At least they don't form the 'Ryanair' approach and cancel lock stock and barrel with the passengers left fighting for themselves to get to where they want. Not saying it happens all the time, but has happened a fair few times.

Are you telling me that BA didn't have a spare aircraft knocking about to
position for a quick DUB-LHR rotation?
Obviously not or BA would have used that option, and have found a spare many times before, just this occasion there obviously was not a spare.

BA could even have sent over a bigger a/c and filled it with stranded EI
pax.
It is not BA's responsibility to get other airlines passengers to their destination. If you have an issue with that, take it up with EI not BA.

My point was that FR made the effort whereas BA made not the slightest
And my point in the original post is that Ryanair are not the perfect little airline when it comes to disruption. At last BA were proactive and sent messages to pax to tell them to rebook for flights later that day and free of charge may I add.
At least they don't cancel a flight that only has 2 flights per week, telling pax to rebook for a flight in 3 days time, but only giving a refund for that flight which is half the price of the next flight you are trying to rebook on to.

At the end of the day, it would have been nice if BA could have got another aircraft out, but the simple fact is they couldn't. Ryanair struck it lucky that they had spare aircraft able to take that much slack. Lets see if they can manage that in peak summer when utilisation is high and they have to cancel a flight if its severely delayed, and then come back to me and try to tell me how great they are.