PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2013, 21:05
liam4393

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just hope that Aberdeen 'International' Airport get their act together before 2015. I flew from Aberdeen a few weeks ago and have never seen nothing like it in an airport. The EZY LGW pax were made to stand at the same side as the pax waiting to board the flybe MAN flight, meaning that there were around 200 pax in total crammed into an almost single line in a space only about 10m long, with other pax asking you "are you queuing for the LGW or MAN flight?" It did not help matters when World Duty Free used one of their promo stands to block the staircase from the gate to domestic arrivals, meaning that the 156 passengers arriving on the EZY LGW flight had to battle through the passengers waiting to board for the return LGW flight as well as the flybe MAN passengers to get to the staircase next to the BA lounge. From the doors of the EZY LGW opening to the last passenger getting through to arrivals took 15 minutes! Then having to wait 25 minutes for bags to arrive at the conveyer belt just makes ABZ a joke. This will certainly not look good when world airlines and airport representatives come for the conference and experience first hand the disorganisation that takes place, especially the likes of easyJet with short turn-around times where delays caused by the airport will delay flights.

Sorry, that is my rant over