PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My first aircraft - the ferrying of my old Aero Commander twin back to California.
Old 17th Apr 2013, 04:40
AdamFrisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for asking, Arc.

Return trip went pretty much without hickups. Getting out of Nashville in terrible weather proved an ordeal, and I had to return after only 30mins to sit and wait it out. Thankfully the fronts were moving east, so after a few hrs I could fight my way through it to to the tail end of the front. After Texas it was clear skies all the way back to LA. It was horribly cold over the mountains, though, and as I'm terrified of running the Janitrol, I suffered through it in full ski gear. The cabin was -10 degrees for most of the second day and it wasn't very pleasant. Note to self: always bring thermos with hot chocolate when flying high in winter.

I got a thorough workout the last hour coming in to LA - I wrote about in other thread so no need to repeat myself.

http://www.pprune.org/private-flying...flustered.html

Oil pressure has worked perfectly ever since except for one very brief instance on a takeoff roll. I was on my way to my mechanic only 10 mins away at HHR, so I continued takeoff. I was very low on oil, so that was probably the reason and it hasn't happened since. Or maybe a gaging problem. We know the pressure in the engine is OK as it has been tested.

Waiting out the s**t weather in Nashville before return to California.