PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2013, 23:25
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
been able to lower apd which puts so many airlines off but also because 90% of oil revenue will be streaming thru Aberdeen and holywood instead of via London with a trickle returning north. Perhaps with an independent Scotland, and not the huge benefits bill of England which is a disgrace anyways, more money can be invested properly in Scotland, especially the north east!!
MASSIVE "perhaps" as you won't be getting 90% of oil revenues, that's an SNP fantasy. Perhaps you'd like 90% of RBS and HBOS debt in return? Thought not.
APD is killing the industry but with a deficit still stubbornly in existence, removing that income stream just makes the deficit bigger or causes the axe to fall elsewhere. Given the North East is the most affluent part of the country, there's a host of much needier cases elsewhere believe me.
Aye perhaps but I reckon Scotland be a much better place without English rule
Much better place without casual anti-English sentiment IMHO, I say that as a Scot who was brought up to blame the English for....well everything come to think of it. *flashbacks* Mr Salmond isn't English, nor was Mr Brown and Mr Blair and even Mr Cameron is of Scottish descent. Scotland has control of most domestic affairs at Holyrood already.

How's Little Red doing? Surely that must be dragging down fares?

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 17th Apr 2013 at 23:42.