Our Ref:

800/01

Your Ref:

Date:

15/04/2013

Dear Stakeholder

OBAN AIRPORT CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE
ARGYLL AND THE ISLES AIR SERVICES

Argyll and Bute Council are keen to work with business stakeholders and the local community to inform and consult on developments and the air services operated out of Oban Airport.

I would therefore like to invite you to a meeting on the evening of 22 May 2013, which will be held in the Conference Room of the Scottish Association for Marine Science offices at 7pm.

The purpose of this meeting is to establish Oban Airport Consultative Committee and I would be grateful for your representation and input into this Committee. It is anticipated that the Consultative Committee will meet at least three times a year.

The objectives of the Committee will be

· To enable the airport operator, communities in the vicinity of the aerodrome, local business representatives, aerodrome users and other interested parties to exchange information and ideas.
· To allow the concerns of interested parties to be raised and taken into account by the airport operator, with a genuine desire to resolve any issues that may emerge.
· To compliment the legal framework within which the airport operates.
· To provide a structured forum for discussion to make recommendations to the airport operator.
· To promote understanding about aerodrome operations more widely through dissemination of relevant information.
· To monitor the potential for environmental impact of the airport within the local community.
· To promote open and honest dialogue between the airport and the local community.
· To protect and enhance the interests of the users of the airport.
· To promote and enhance business opportunities between the airport and the local community.

I would be grateful if you could confirm your attendance at the above and please don’t hesitate to contact myself should you require any further details.

Yours sincerely,

MOYA INGRAM
STRATEGIC TRANSPORTATION MANAGER