PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2 Recruitment!
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2013, 12:06
Honiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no doubt that many are "happy with their lot" at Jet2, been a pilot is after all in this day and age, a compromise! Lifestyle and home-life at regional bases etc etc. But I agree with BaronBlue, after 27 years in UK airlines, please do not come on here spouting Jet2 is a good flight crew employer, it's far from it!

Short-term exploits - the recruitment arrogance and pathetic process all lead to long term damage. I'm not blaming pilots, but it's what this generation of Senior & Flight Ops management are all about!

Many people are promoted to places where ambition greatly outweighs ability on the simple premise that their face fits in the view of those that bestow such promotion favours. Nothing wrong with ambition, but it often clouds thought that might otherwise attach some credence to such ideas as "those you crap on on the way up, are those you meet again on the way down"! Once you get past the point where you'll never get back down as far as where you started, you start appointing the ambitious/incapable to your own court. It's much easier to surround yourself with muppets to take the heat for you, who are themselves, hoping for the return of advancement...

Examples: Jet2 and DHL Air UK's ex RAF clowns & FlyBe's Directors...