PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2 Recruitment!
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2013, 10:41
DADDY-OH!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firestorm

It wasn't meant to be condescending but lots of journalists read these pages & if they thought an airline was facing having it's AOC withdrawn or in any other difficulty.

They get a whiff, print their stories, the mass media hype it up, customers cancel bookings, the airline collapses, people lose their jobs. It's that cut throat an industry.

If you think I'm overreacting then go bleat to the friends of mine in Excel Airways, in Zoom, in FlyGlobespan & a whole host of over carriers over the years who've lost their jobs because of a journalist 'getting a whiff'.

Think of the ramifications of what you post on here before you press 'Submit' because like I said earlier, journalists troll these pages & they don't care who loses their jobs, just as long as their first with a story.

If you don't think & are of the 'post & be damned' brigade, then you'll get some old walrus of a veteran like me chewing you arse out in public.

The whole reason Jet2.com is subbing in 3 or 4 extra airframes this summer is because they already have the bookings but they can't get enough aircraft crewed ready for the season.

I think the expansion is being managed well enough. We've seen hugely unexpected growth in some areas of the business & it may have caught us by surprise just how successful some projects have been.

Try wishing the company well. In a time of airlines shrinking or disappearing a la BMI, BMI Baby, TCX, isn't it good to see one carrier steadily expanding? Keeping jobs in the UK? Generating British jobs, contributing to the British coffers instead of holidaymakers taxes & profits going to the German owned behemoths of Thomas Cook & TUI/Thomson?

To question on a public forum, whether an airline may have its AOC pulled in today's stormy waters is irresponsible at best & downright dangerous at its worst.