PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T congestion
Thread: R/T congestion
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2013, 06:48
MASTEMA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking a worldwide view of this, it would also really help if ICAO recommended/ enforced a standard set of R/T procedures.

LHR has been mentioned and here is the Jepp version of the airways clearance request;

CallHEATHROW Delivery when fully ready to start and push back within 5 mins:
· Callsign
· Aircraft Type
· Stand number
· QNH
· ATIS
“HEATHROW Delivery, Callsign, Aircraft Type, Stand ___, QNH ___, Received ___, Request Clearance”

I don't see the need for stating QNH and aircraft type but the rest seems a quite logical starting point for sliding strips to the next controller.

Stones are often thrown at the R/T procedures of foreign airlines operating into Oz, but they are usually more 'standard' than you think, given the multiple airspaces they inhabit.

I have a not so fond memory of witnessing a militaristic belligerent dick (micro size) waving bi-polar bully hypocritical back stabbing very sub-standard narcissistic Check Captain ripping into a junior FO about some minor SOP slip and then hearing said Check Captain blurt out the most non standard radio calls.

Read the Jepp and then walk the talk ladies and gentlemen. It reflects your personal standards.