PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Kaptin M
Thread: To Kaptin M
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2003, 22:52
Tool Time Two

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:"The worse part about this whole post is it has become personal. The 1989 industrial action was doomed before it began, blind Freddy could see that the size of the ambit claim was over the top.
While I believe unity is the key to every industrial action designed to achieve change and improved conditions, the whole strategy of the AFAP was suicidal in concept and execution." Unquote.

Now, T-R, whatever that means, let's see if we can locate your logic.
"Doomed before it began" - then you say "the key to every industrial action is unity."

Let me remind you old boy, or girl as the case may be, (one mustn't assume too much), that at secret ballot in '89 there was a 95% vote by the AFAP membership involved. Now, by any standards, that is unity.
Let me also remind you, T-R, and BB, (AKA HJ), that 22% scabbed.
Let's just say, that the 5% who voted against the AFAP resolution scabbed. That would represent about 83 pilots. And let's just assume that that 5% scabbed over the same time frame.
It is then also reasonable to assume that the Australian public might not have been so well disposed towards the fact that nearly all of their country's airline aircraft being trotted around the Australian by foreign scabs.
But, back to the whole 22% who scabbed, these turkeys demonstrated their true contempt for all that is truly Australian, for the sake of their former mates' pay packet, offered to them by a disgraceful, and un-Australian, now deceased Abeles. He cannot be libelled, being well and truly dead.
So it is a fact, that the turkeys who scabbed, and were happy to replace their friends with lots of GA and a few foreign scabs, are as much a disgrace to the Australian way of mateship and solidarity they professed at secret ballot, as Abeles, the bedroom bandicoot, and the little cherub mates were and are.
As for bleatings by binocs and others about posts being personal, not so. Hard to be personal when addressing a pseudonym.
Of course, the owner of the pseudonym feels offended, but then he or she is still anonymous.