PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 12th Apr 2013, 19:52
snakepit

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OSM
I think the replies you are getting represent the tediousness that everyone is feeling with your groundless argument. Why do I say groundless? It has already been pointed out to you that the success or otherwise of the UK SAR contract will in no way be measured by whether “the winch op” can do drums on one particular day of the year or whether “the winchman” can face forward during decks on a still wind day! Any more than you could accredit the success of otherwise to “the co-pilot” or indeed the “the captain” having a good or bad day during wets or on an LPC. It’s nearly a £2 billion contract and I am sure that there will be sufficient checks and balances to prove to Jonny public and the Transport select committee that things are as they should be.

You accuse contributors’ to this thread of ignoring your concerns but you continue to ignore their replies. Is the current so called "golden standard” SARF (RAF and Navy) externally validated or not! I know the answer to this as well as you do but though it’s been mentioned several times you choose ignore it. The answer of course (for those who don’t know) is NO. So how do you maintain such high standards and how are the public to believe that they are high and not just what your SAR STANEVAL claim (this is the very same argument you are using btw)? Moreover, as your standards are internally validated, how on earth do you propose that any independent organisation (who would not be privy to MOD SARF standards) could measure Bristow rearcrew to see if they could meet your amazing standards?

As you are well aware there is no crewman licensing atm so as with the SARF no external agency or standard exists that crewmen can be measured against! So how on earth does the current military exist and measure its self? I would suggest it’s due to a great deal of professionalism and pride! And you OSM, with your continual ranting on this subject are effectively suggesting Bristow and all civi SAR crewmen have none, and that dear chap is very narrow minded.

So rather than moan incessantly, come up with a valid solution (maybe you could be the CAAs first crewman examiner) or join the other side and use your professionalism to help keep the standards up in the future. Beware though, there are plenty of very professional crewmen already outside so don’t expect to jump in at the top, which I personally think this topic of yours is all about.