PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T congestion
Thread: R/T congestion
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2013, 10:08
regitaekilthgiwt

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
chaps - absolutely no point in extra frequencies for this and that unless there is also someone extra on the other end of it to talk to!.
Get that co-ord who does the Brisbane flights to do something. Every time I ring him he just tells me to contact ground. I want his job!

An airline controlled ramp freq is a pretty terrible idea with airline cost cutting etc. An atc ramp freq is required like the rest of the world. A little while ago we got cleared for a pushback off gate 3 when another plane was taxiing from gate one behind us but not past (qf alley). We saw him coming in the reflection of the glass and the engineer stopped the pushback but it is no surprise the mistake happened and will again with the ridiculous workload the ground controller has. I bet if we had run into the other aircraft on our pushback the system would change and a ramp or some such would be provided. Why do we wait until a accident in Australia to see a meaningful safety change? And yes I waited a couple of seconds before calling for pushback airservices-seriously??