PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 10th Apr 2013, 16:04
Hummingfrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not in the "SAR division" so probably of no consequence to me personally, but I still have a slight dread of a large influx of SAR gods with superiority complexes who will exhaust themselves saying "we should do it like This - as we did in the military" and pouting and sulking when they don't get their way, rather than just getting on with the job as defined in Bristow's SAR ops manual. Hopefully I am quite wrong, but it is the tone of some contributers on this thread that makes me think otherwise!
Again perhaps you are showing your chip with the term
SAR gods with superiority complexes
. What evidence do you have for this SAR god mil pilot you seem to want to tar every SAR mil pilot with?

When I left the RAF to fly in the NS I found it enlightening to see that I was only wanted as a pilot no other duties were required. I didn't feel the need to change the way they operated!! I couldn't even be a crusty old captain as the first ten years of my time on the NS I flew single pilot

I have no interest in who has got the contract as I am now retired and even if I was still flying in the NS I wouldn't want to go back to SAR - it is a younger man's game - once I started wearing glasses the thought of trying to peer through a rain and salt caked windscreen while trying to formate on a wildly pitching deck wasn't my idea of fun. I'd rather be sitting on an oil rig watching Sky TV before picking up the "lads" from an unmanned platform at the end of their shift

With want now appears to be a huge number of people wanting to go SAR will Bristow start a new business unit with new payscales that disengage the salaries from those paid to oil and gas pilots? I would

HF

Last edited by Hummingfrog; 10th Apr 2013 at 16:07.