PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Kaptin M
Thread: To Kaptin M
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2003, 10:35
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear, the Siamese Twins, Amos and Tool Time are back in tandem operation. Not a reasonable word to be heard from either of them.

Hugh Jarse actually spoke a lot of sense, and Kaptin M is capable of accepting, albeit reluctantly, that the world doesn't begin and end with 1989. The rest of the protagonists in this sad epic seem destined to repeat their sad chorus ad infinitum. Does it make it better or worse that I had or have nothing to do with the original dispute? Am I consigned to disdain for not knowing what I'm talking about, or is an untainted view perhaps in some way more valid? Methinks I know the answer(s) to that one.

Carry on, boys, but but for the edification of those you profess to be trying to educate, I can tell you that the less personal invective your argument contains, the more likely it is to be recognised by those not involved. And I hate to tell you what you really know, but those who were not involved, in any way, are the ones who are now filling the seats, and their innocent question is: 1989? What is all the fuss about? It's an awful and difficult acceptance that the world moves on, and the previous generation, including me, are regarded as irrelevant.

Kaptin M, good luck with the new sprog!