PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 5th Apr 2013, 00:19
jimf671

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
... There will be a whole raft of key performance indicators (KPIs) that will indicate the success or otherwise of the contractors solution and I'm sure JimF could find them online. ...
[The following is based on the 19th September 2012 documents.]

This Schedule 8.2 (Contract Incentive Scheme (KPIs)) is aimed at supporting the development of Service Level Categories that can be effectively measured to provide an evidence base supporting the quality of service provided by the Contractor. The Department is primarily concerned with receiving good service. However the Department does not wish to pay for a contracted level of service that is not being delivered and an appropriate Service Credit regime is required to incentivise and support service delivery. The Service Level and Service Credit regime must be a means to achieve these objectives and not an end itself.

[The contractor proposes the format of a range of KPI based on the following Service Level Categories. These are in addition to Mandated KPI for Availability and Responsiveness.]

SERVICE LEVEL CATEGORIES
Transition In
- Infrastructure
- Information Communications Technology
- Personnel
- Regulatory
- Airframes
Steady State Service
- Response
- Service Availability
- Service Resilience
- Infrastructure
- Information Communications Technology
Transition Out
- Infrastructure
- Personnel
- Information/Data transfer

AVAILABILITY
For each Base, a monthly activity report twithin five Working Days of the end of each Month.
Below 98%: charges. Greater than 24 hrs: investigation.

Availability is partial in the following circumstances.
Lacking a Crew member or any one of the following items of equipment on the Aircraft is unserviceable:
(i) autohover;
(ii) FLIR;
(iii) search radar;
(iv) long range communications; or
(v) one of the hoists (but the other hoist is still serviceable),

RESPONSIVENESS
For each Base, a consolidated mission report within five ... ... . Includes percentage of missions airborne within 15 / 45 minutes of alert.
Below 85%: charges. Below 65%: investigation.

[OK snake, where do I send the invoice?]