PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 4th Apr 2013, 20:51
Baldeep Inminj

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
No drinks, just a phone with a tiny screen that only shows half of what I have written. Still, your dig at my grammar shows the level of serious rebuttal that you have at your disposal. The uncomfortable truth hurts, I get that.

You have singularly failed to address the points I have raised. Why would you assume I 'have been told' something by Bristow? Every post I have made has been written to HELP RAF guys get jobs.

It could be that I am no longer in the RAF, and in a position to KNOW. That said, the arrogance and complacency of those in the SAR force saddens me. If you believe that MT will work, then crack on. I wish you well. The SAR force are professional, and very good at their jobs. They are also mistaken in their belief that nobody else can do it, apart from them. SAR crews rescue people all over the world, doing it 'their way'. It might be different, but it isn't wrong. The ridiculously inflated heirarchy of the SAR force (A sqn in size, no more) has created an idea that does not meet reality. Ancient aircraft, off state and ops only on a regular basis, rearcrew working shifts left, right and chelsea in order to keep the whole house of cards from collapsing...what part can civvies not do better?!

The elephant in the room, by the way, is rearcrew. Without them, SAR dies. The job of the pilot is to put the winchop in a position where he can put the winchman where he wants to be. And rearcrew are at crisis level. They are the ones to worry about.

I will leave the forum now, and not return. I believe those in the RAF will get what they deserve. If you believe in MT, then go for it. I used to believe in the tooth fairy.

Last edited by Baldeep Inminj; 4th Apr 2013 at 21:07.