PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not in it for the money.
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2003, 16:09
Cricketer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my time since I have been on this site and in the industry, I can honestly say that I have met no-one apart from the odd screwball who thinks that they are going to
to go straight to the right hand seat of a jet as it is their graduation right?

I'll say that again - NO-ONE. I obviously not met anyone but I do genuinely beleive you are talking about the people who are loaded and do not bother even going on these sites and posting etc. If you have that much money and that much stupidity (there will always be some) then you will not bother with research and just go on and do the training etc.

People keep going on about this but it is just not a factual account of 99.99% of us wannabees out here. All would slog like anything for any job and that inlcudes all my friends who did the integrated route. Yes they paid a lot of money for the training they thought would suit them best and give them perhaps a leg up in this industry. So they now have done it and got some excellent training. None of them think they are better than modular/any other route, none of them think they deserve a right hand seat, ALL of them would fly anything as a first job, even if that meant continuing to live in squalor but able to get some real experience in any aircraft.

I get a bit fed up when people slate them for having done their training or for that matter any training in a particular way. We make our choices and live with them. Sure a very small percentage moan and whinge, but not the majority so DON'T treat everyone like that.

What everyone is aware of is the trouble in the industry as a whole so hardly anyone is realistically saying I will only fly for the airlines etc.. Everyone just would like to be given a start on the ladder. In the current climate it is unrealistic to even get a chance on a single piston instructors job. I think what a huge number of posts have been indicating is not how to get that first jet/airline job but how to get A job. FULL STOP

We want that kind of advice, not this - well you should work hard and live on peanuts. We know that (well those of us not having more money than god). It is the desperate plea from a increasingly desperate and penniless populace of pilots that we are hearing nowadays.