PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2003, 12:07
P.Pilcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although nothing to do with Easy, I, like many others have been reading this thread with interest since it started. Due to my current situation I have been obliged to return to teaching in the short term to earn some pennies. With plenty of such experience behind me before I became a full time pilot I would point out to non BALPA members reading this that teachers have historically had terms and conditions as well as pay that are c**p. This is due to the fact that there are more than three teaching unions who spend as much time squabbling amongst themselves ( to gain members) as addressing the important matters - about which they rarely agree. Our teachers would be probably be much better off and still be members of a respected profession if they had had only one union which represented the interests of them all.

Divide and rule.

Although I never have been a member of BALPA ( peferring the other lot) I would certainly most seriously think of applying for membership if I was an EJ pilot under your current circumstances.

Best of luck with your negociations.

P.P.