PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 line training how to get 500hrs?
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2013, 07:37
Nas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People give so much wisdom on here, i.e. Bealzebub, Skipname, Truckflyer

Fastjet hired two guys that completed a TR in the UK, and whom also completed 500 hours line training,. Another girl is almost done, I think she has another 50 hours to go, but has already been offered a job with Fastjet - Dar es salaam.

I know plenty of guys very well who paid for their type rating and line training and went straight to UK carriers since 2008 (and I do mean plenty). The ones that didn't get jobs are the one's that are weak and perform below standard during assessments (and do not reveal they have indeed had shots at an assessment... FACT). Nevertheless, follow-up assessments have been attended.

The successful lot do perform their duties exceptionally well, and chose not sit around on their derriers listening to the cr4p offered by some "experienced" pilots who are against such pursuits and endlessly go round and round with the same old, same old, talking about their industry ideals, ethics, morals, money - the cost of it (they don't have it, hence their need to impart expert monetary "advice"). They just talk about the billions and billions of pilots with so many thousands of hours who can't get jobs and blah, blah, blah. The difference between those pilots and you is that you would go anywhere in the world. And with a fresh TR and 500 current hours on type you are seen to be more appealing than a stale, conditioned "experienced" guy, whose airline didn't want anymore. Also, these guys are picky and now have committments that limit their career options, stunting opportunities to work overseas. They could have families now, mortgages, etc., etc., and who knows what else! Personal dynamics vary considerably. Those pilots are not YOU. These gentlemen won't get you a job. You are better off ignoring them. Give you a bloody earache.

If you want a job, go get it. Use the means available and take full advantage. Or be passive, fire off CVs for the next couple of years and hope you will get a shot.

Absolutely no one can tell ME what is right and what is wrong when it comes to securing a job with an airline. The tools are there. Spend your money how you want, or leave it in an "old man's" savings account.. Get your type rating, get your hours. Go do it!