PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2 Recruitment!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2013, 21:30
endofeng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The sooner the better in my view. Plenty of very experienced non typed on 737 floating about, and of a very high standard to.(obviously it works both ways, but thats for the recruiters to filter out!)
It is obviously more desirable to have experienced type-rated guys over experienced non-rated guys, they know the aircraft better (especially the -300's which are a little older than most!) and they take less time to get on line. I guess the ideal will be to have as many experienced guys as possible to enhance skill/knowledge in the FD, especially as there are lots of and will be more low houred FO's. Eventually, as the pool of rated experienced pilots dries up, non-type rated guys will be invited to apply. Hopefully then there will be a good balance of experience across the FD!

Surely, it's not a case of insufficient rated ppl but the company wanting maximum flexibility and controlling costs by offering summer only deals which don't really suit the vast majority.
Jet2 has been successful owing to its Industry renowned flexibility and readiness to react to market conditions. Its Jet2's success story!

Flexibility is 100% at the forefront of our commercial teams armoury, they react quickly especially to Charters and new routes/bases. The company is also very savvy, again contributing to its success, therefore their offer of Summer only contracts is a reaction to current market conditions. If the pilot pool dries up completely, believe you me, 100% contracts would be offered. In fact over the last few years most 70% contracts have been offered 100% at the end of Summer!

It is, after all, a business that needs to make a profit to keep the city and shareholders happy. We are but a small cog in the huge machine that is Jet2!