PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2 Recruitment!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2013, 20:37
endofeng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The find a pilot and get £1000 is the clearest indication that Jet2's recruting is not going well, I can only ask how long will they continue to persist with the testing that puts more weight behind an hour of computer nonsense that thousands of hours in the log book ?
To be honest I think it's a clear indicator that there are very few type rated experienced 737 jockeys available not the recruitment itself (which has its flaws!). The 'behind the computer nonsense' is pretty standard industry wide now if you want to fly a shinny jet! Although I'm not a fan, I had to do it when I joined which was nearly 7 years ago!

I'm sure the non-type rated pilots wanting to join Jet2 will get their chance, but only after there are no more experienced guys out there, hence the referral scheme. The company is protecting itself by employing experience as it grows, there has to be a sensible balance between the two.

All in all Jet2 is expanding faster than any of us ever imagined, and with the demise of other operators has only fuelled the success (ie Globespan, BMIBaby etc...), so you either bitch on here or try to get on the gig and if at first you don't succeed (as many don't), try and try again!

Good Luck