PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 27th Mar 2013, 15:32
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are still some stupid questions filtering thru, mainly because people can't be bothered to read thru this "boring" thread. I am guilty of that sometimes too. So I will 'update' those latecomers and relieve them of the pain of reading so much stuff:

Bond got nought/nada/nuffink.
The ARCC decision is on hold due to the sensitivities surrounding a free Scotland and what might happen after the referendum. Expect to hear nothing until next year. My "personal" take on it:
IF Scotland remains part of Britain, then the ARCC will civilianise and move to Fareham where the MCA lives. MRS won't be far behind.

BALPA on MoD real estate..don't make me laugh. Why would the government allow a bunch of unionists onto mil territory to muddy the already sensitive waters? BALPA - The BA bit stands for British Airways...outside of this they are a waste of your monthly outgoings!

Ericferret/Genie the Greenie: You are not serious are you?? What do you think all these months of negotiations have been all about between the MoD and the tender companies? Where do you think Bristow is going to get its manpower if NOT from the mil??? Do you honestly think there are 200 aircrew sitting at home in civvy street waiting for the advert to come out? Of course the majority of ex mil SAR personel will transfer across to the new job (provided they have the relevant quals) and then Bristows will 'top up' with others from within their fraternity or from outsiders like CHC. Common sense appears to have krept in it seems!!! The whole "Managed Transition" process is designed around it.
A reminder too that the mil want rid of mil SAR. They want to reduce their troop numbers as per SDSR. Don't you remember?

And finally - any takers on what will happen to the Falklands. Perhaps the gov will hand it over to the Argentinian Navy